- Pre-match thoughts: .
- Fiorentina simply must win this evening, dominating possession,as they found out to their cost in the home fixture, will not be enough.
- Paulo Sousa has selected a rotated but a nonetheless strong team, as he strives to ensure that there are no more slip ups in the Europa League.
- Half-time thoughts:
- Fiorentina looked to be going in at the break with the scores tied at 0-0, until Josip Ilicic bent a sublime free kick around the wall in the 43rd minute to make it 1-0.
- Before the goal, the viola had dominated possession, but not had too many clear cut chances. The closest they had come to scoring was though Mati Fernandez, who put his curling shot just wide of the far post.
Federico Bernardeschi was lucky not to be punished for an elbow on his Poznan opponent on the stroke of half time.
- Full-time thoughts:
- A second from Ilicic killed off the game in the 83rd minute with another excellent finish - this time on the break, fed by Mati Fernandez.
- Fiorentina resume normal service with a professional performance against Lech Posnan. The most important thing this evening was to clinch the victory, which they did with ease.
Lech Poznan: (4-2-3-1): Buric; Kedziora, Dudka, Kaminski, Kadar; Tralka, Tetteh; Formella (Lovrencsics '60), Linetty, Pawlowski; Hamalainen
Fiorentina : (3-4-3) Sepe; Tomovic, Rodriguez, Astori; Blaszczykowski,(Alonso 72') Vecino, Suarez(Badelj 80'), Bernardeschi; Mati Fernandez, Ilicic, Rossi (Kalinic 63')
Goals: Ilicic (43', 83')
We’ll be back later with a full recap of all the action, but for now you can talk about the match in the comments below. What did you love? What did you hate? Sound off, Viola Nation!