- Pre-match thoughts: .
- The stadium in Lisbon is in a unique position - the travelling Fiorentina fans can see the sea from their seats. The stadium is fairly empty with only about 5,000 home fans
- Sousa opted for an attacking formation with Federico Bernardeschi, Giuseppe Rossi, Khouma Babacar and Ante Rebic in the attack
- Half-time thoughts:
- Fiorentina go in at the break 2-0 to the good looking totally dominant with goals from Bernadeschi and Babacar
- Belenenses offered very little except for a couple of chances from Kuka, who headed against the post on 35' and forced a Luigi Sepe save on 46'
- Full-time thoughts:
- This was a fairly dull game, but Fiorentina got the job done and never really looked troubled by Belenenses.
- A whipped in Kuba cross forced an own goal from Tonel on the 83rd minute.
- Aside from the victory, the main positive to take from the game was the last minute goal from Giuseppe Rossi!
- Eight goals in two games for the viola continues the feeling of confidence heading into the game with Atalanta on Sunday
Goals: Bernardeschi 18', Babacar 45' Tonel OG 83' Rossi 90'
We’ll be back later with a full recap of all the action, but for now you can talk about the match in the comments below. What did you love? What did you hate? Sound off, Viola Nation!