A brief list of things that make this time of year pretty good:
1. Remember when, this time of year, Fiorentina were capolista? It’s nice to hearken back to those halcyon days under, uh, Paulo Sousa.
2. The knowledge that today, finally, will bring an end to the Christmas songs.
3. Egg nog. More egg nog. Bring it to me. So much I can bathe in it.
4. Festively attired cats filled with unspeakable rage.
5. Getting to spend quality time with your in-laws who definitely accept you as part of the family and hold no lingering resentment over your marriage.
7. Hiding from family and friends to surreptitiously check the comments on here.
Fiorentina are always on the lookout for new midfielders, and the latest is Frenchman Soualiho Meïté, currently sitting in the stands at Monaco. Here’s the full scoop.
Remember Gilberto? He’s coming back (sort of) after 18 months away. Refresh your memory.
You ready for a little holiday cheer? Fiorentina don’t plan to sell Federico Chiesa any time soon.
Fiorentina had a Friday match in Sardinia and left it late for Khouma Babacar (how many late winners does he have in purple?) to fire home the three points. Our full coverage is here.
It’s not too late to find a present for your favorite Viola fan. Here is a handy gift guide.
Comment of the week
How baelfire found this archival evidence of slakas I’ll never know, but I like it.
What do you wish was underneath your tree this morning?
This poll is closed
A controlling interest in Tod’s.
Borja Valero, wearing the purple shirt he belongs in.
A Simone Lo Faso shirt that will prove you were a fan before he unseated Lionel Messi as the greatest ever.
More purple kool-aid.
Peace on earth, et cetera.
That’s it for this week, folks. Drink some nog.